Set Up Google Login with WeaslLast Updated: January 29, 2019
Weasl allows you to be flexible with user login. For this reason, we integrate with Google login to allow your users to login! Here are step-by-step instructions for how to set it up:
Note: Social login is a paid Weasl feature. If you are not on a paid plan, chat in to try it out for free!
Go to the Google API Console and create a new app.
Then you need to make sure that your app has a client ID that Weasl can use for users to sign in. To create a new client ID, do this:
Google will likely ask you to set up your "OAuth consent screen" before anything else. It'll ask you for:
- Application Name - use your website's name
- Application Logo - use your website's logo
- Support Email - your email should be prefilled
- Authorized Domains - then type "weasl.in" and press enter
- Application Homepage Link - should be a page on your website
Then when you edit the client ID credential you made for Weasl, set it up to look like this:
Then you need to navigate to your account settings and update your Google login settings
When prompting users to login, you will now see Google as an option!